Biggleswade Town 2 Blues 2

Categories: Club News,Uncategorized

Jason WilliamsBLUES twice fought back from a goal down to take a share OK Evo-Stik Premier points, on   Boxing Day.
It was a game Stortford should have won having had most of the possession but they were made to pay for not dealing with a couple of Biggleswade free-kicks.

Top scorer Jason Williams returned after his third ban of the season, replacing youngster Callum Taylor who had impressed in Saturday’s win against Dorchester Town.
Alfie Mason made his first league start as Stortford were without Joe Robinson who was serving  a one match suspension.

The hosts took the lead in the fifth minute when Reece Fielding headed home Robbie Parker’s free-kick.

Darren Foxley, Williams and Mason all were close to equalising before Dean Ager was fouled in the box by Waders’ Lucas Perry in the box in the 33rd minute. Williams stepped up a converted Blues’ first spot kick of the season  for his 13th goal of the campaign.
Just before the break Tom Clifford headed an effort from Jack Bowen off the goal-line.
Marvel EkpitetaThe Waders retook the lead 8 minutes after the restart when Stortford only half cleared a free-kick and skipper Connor  Hall volleyed past Tyler McCarthy from the edge of the box
Again the Blues had most of the play after that with Josh Simpson and Jack Thomas going close and they levelled again in the 73rd minute with skipper Marvel Ekpiteta netting his first goal of the season with a low shot into the corner from just inside the box after Foxley had crossed from the right flank.
The hosts looked dangerous in sporadic raids but Stortford had most of the play until the final whistle with  Ager going near to getting the winner on a couple of occasions.

Blues: Tyler McCarthy, Jordan Westcott, Tom Clifford, Josh Simpson, Marvel Ekpiteta, George Casey, Dean Ager, Jack Thomas, Jason Williams, Alfie Mason (Callum Taylor 61), Darren Foxley.
Subs not used – Mark Hughes, Max Brassington and Alex Rogers.

Attendance: 250

Author: Dave Ryan